Millions of web content is published every day - from blog posts, videos, podcasts, image-based to interactive content.
Getting content to stand out in any industry is obviously going to get tougher. As thousands of new content is published every day in your niche (which will likely grow even more in the coming years), it will be harder to stand out, so what solution do you have to stay ahead?
Learning about Content Ideas is the beginning to unlock the treasure chest to begin your journey to discover and create more useful and amazing content.
What is Content Ideas?
1. Build a Concept of New Content Ideas
Content Idea is a collection of Ideas for writing useful and engaging content, the process of finding relevant topics to create content and deciding which topics will really resonate with the target audience of the brand. your brand.
A great idea is the heart of any content campaign or project. The excitement around an idea is what keeps you going throughout the creative process (sometimes), and its part of what gets your audience to share.
You can also find a really great idea through several points:
- Where do ideas come from?
- Fresh content
- Inspiration for ideas
- Get the right idea
- Target and deliver value
You will come and go, you need to start taking action first but the wise way is to learn from experts from successful people (including competitors) to shorten the distance and time in the process Content production.
Just Action and Ideas will be born
2. Benefits of Researching Content Ideas
Blogging has certainly remained one of the most popular strategies of the past decade - and still is. But it is also one of the most underrated ways of marketing, as many marketers see it only as a tool to primarily improve a websites organic search rankings.
But this approach becomes an undeniable part behind some strong brands,
Content allows them to:
- Attract readers/followers and drive more relevant referral traffic from high authority blogs with the same target audience.
- Show off their expertise to a broader audience.
- Build awareness of their brands content, services, and products.
- Establish relationships and links with other topics in the industry (that often leads to better conversions).
Over the years, PR tactics have declined because of the assumption that content in many areas is saturated.
The difficulty level to succeed using this method has increased even more. Some of the obstacles that good marketers are facing are:
- Many high-traffic publishers start charging for Content placement (sponsored guest posts).
- Publishers receive too many requests/comments, resulting in highly personalized and legitimate outreach emails that go unread (or worse, marked as spam).
- Out of content ideas: Especially topics that will really match the interests of the audience.
- It takes time. Youll have to work with your target publishers editorial calendar
A guest blogging campaign, at scale, is still perfectly doable. Success can be achieved when you always consider the following factors:
- Familiarity: If your target publisher is familiar with the quality of your work (and your brand).
- Personalization: Because personalized emails have a higher response rate.
- Get relevant content: Focus on topics editors wont hesitate to publish.
Note: Its always important to check that the topic idea you suggest has been taken up by your target blogs/publications (do a site search or go through Google).
If theyve published something similar, think about it and emphasize how your content will be different from the content they already have (its a strong sign that youve done their research). yourself and you know what their audience will consume).
Build a strategy to find new Content ideas
Before you start gathering great ideas for blog posts and whitepapers, hopefully youve defined your value proposition and marketing strategy. You can be really clear about your target market what pain points your target audience has and what your products and services need to address those problems.
You can even have different personalities or buy decisive information for your audience. Its at the heart of your content ideas and online marketing strategy.
For new Content ideas:
- Keyword Research: This will help you better understand what your audience is searching for and the value of each search term (i.e., potential website visits, what advertisers pay). in AdWords or AdCenter). Keyword research provides insight into human search behavior. It is also a great source for new content ideas.
- Competitive & Niche Analysis: Know what your competitors are offering and figure out how to do it better. Blend through sources (e.g., affiliate blogs) to discover HOT topics and trends.
- Target audience research: Get involved in social media as customers. Join group discussions to find out what your target audience is talking about.
The next stage is to question your target audiences overall needs with a variety of topics.
Some suggestions for finding new Content ideas:
- What are the problems the target audience is facing?
- Discuss new Content ideas with your Team colleagues
- Identify key phrases on topics in your field
- Use analysis tools and continue mining
- Identify more variant keywords, synonyms (LSI Google)
- Learn and consult from direct competitors
- Make a list of well-stocked phrase ideas to schedule Content creation
1. Learn from your competitors
Learning from competitors is perhaps the most basic approach to new content ideas.
There are a number of web-based tools that you can use to identify the types of content that are actually performing in your industry based on your competitors content campaigns, such as:
BuzzSumo allows users to easily follow and find the most popular content on different social media platforms. Include key influencers in any particular industry. Notable tool features:
- Track popular content from a specific domain, topic area, and publisher/author.
- Sort and filter results by content type (article, infographic, video, Guest Post, etc…).
- Displays a list of people/brands who have shared the content (can also be exported).
- Find influencers and amplified key content in a particular industry.
Ahrefs: Is a web-based link research tool that you can use to track your website (preferably your competitors) most linked pages and social shares or assets can link.
By digging into these data sets, you can easily grasp the type of content your competitors are promoting aggressively. As well as those that really attract natural mentions/links - in which you can get a better idea of what content ideas to pursue.
Google Keyword Planner: Steal competitor keyword group ideas. The tool also allows users to track and discover more keyword grouping ideas from other websites.
Just by entering the URL of the landing page (or the homepage of the blog).
Once youve identified your competitors active assets, you can start creating better versions of those assets to be more comprehensive and possibly provide better UX.
2. Build and release other people’s ideas/concepts
Creativity requires influence. And thats why content marketing consistency requires constant reading.
Getting inspiration from other publishers is what often fuels the imaginations of some web content creators.
In this age of social media, its really important to have a list of industry influencers that you can follow. Especially their works - as this will allow you to constantly gain new perspectives and insights into your industry.
Record the ideas they are sharing. Understand and look for gaps where you feel your brand can complement and add value.
It is important to make sure that you are able to add your own personal opinion/opinion on the topic, such as:
- Provide more action based on your own experience.
- Offers many practical samples.
- Provide additional evidence to support the idea through your own data.
- Whether youre for or against the ideas you get from other publishers.
And sometimes, the best ideas come from combining other peoples ideas (Chiasenow strongly recommends seeing everything as an interconnected series).
Curation is a proven effective approach in content marketing, because it makes consuming web content easier for many people, since readers can find all all the necessary information they would normally look for in one place.
For content creators, the key to truly successful content management is the ability to string together disparate ideas and make them appear to complement each other.
3. Content ideas from competitors’ high ranking content
In older posts, Chiasenow has always said that the best type of links are the ones that can drive actual traffic.
Analyzing this will allow you to see which content topics are in real demand from your potential customers. And often in topic areas that your target audience is most likely to engage in.
Create a better version of high-traffic content. Analyzing user behavior from competitor website data will be the key to finding new content ideas.
4. Content Gap Analysis (Content Gap)
Another surefire way to come up with content ideas your potential customers really need is through Content Gap analysis.
Chiasenow uses Ahrefs for this ideation workflow (Organic Search > Content Gap).
Identify topics in your content that havent been covered or that are struggling to compete for better search visibility. You can easily do this by comparing your sites content group (via keyword data) with your top competitors.
What you should offer is highly competitive content (this would be the right time to use your SEO skills)
5. Analyze What Visitors Really Need
The main essence and goal of content marketing is to really understand your target audience on a deeper level and for the brand to have the ability to communicate with the audience on a consistent basis.
Developing personas can categorize different audience segments in the process of any content marketing campaign, because the process allows for more effective targeted marketing efforts in the end.
Make a list on each of your target segments.
- Amplifiers: These are bloggers or book authors who have a large following on social media.
- Publisher: High-traffic site focused on publishing content about your industry.
- Practitioner: Your direct and indirect business competitors.
- Customers: Individuals and businesses that use and care about your products/services
You can use tools like FollowerWonk and BuzzSumo to find these factors in your niche.
Track the stories and types of content your customers primarily read or share on social media.
Learn how to create content that these people actually read and share.
Forums and other active online communities (like Quora, Facebook, or Linkedin Groups) are also great places to start to really get a better understanding of the types of information people typically seek.
6. Learn from other fields
Checking out what types of content are thriving in other areas will also be of great help to SEO and finding new content ideas.
As you may be able to get more content ideas from other industry specific communities that may not be implemented in your niche yet.
7. Audience Based Content Ideas
Create and design content as if you were writing for the audience you are targeting. Analyze the top content in your industry and evaluate the content focus of each website.
- Moz: Focuses on advanced tutorials and techniques on anything in the field of Inbound Marketing and has a strong and active community.
- Search Engine Land: Focus on news stories that technical SEOs care about.
- Quicksprout: Focused on providing comprehensive tutorials aimed at new learners and business owners.
This approach to content development will not only help you steal their audience, but also capture their attention (influencers). This can add value to your relationship-building efforts.
This process of analyzing and understanding the content focus of these authority sites can also help you build your own themes for your brands content campaigns.
Creating a theme that you can adhere to rigorously for your content development efforts can help set your brand apart in a short amount of time. Especially when the topic you decide to focus on has a relationship with the goals and brand of the business.
Building and demonstrating your expertise on a specific subject area within your industry can help shape your brands unique voice and sales pitch.
And its a lot easier to expand on other topics that make customers believe you really are an expert once youve proven that your brand is an accurate source for a topic or two beforehand. .
One last note, good content ideas need to choose a keyword that users use to search for it, so you have to check what keywords users use to search for your article topic. , and Semrushs Keyword Magic Tool can help.
Ideas collection tools:
- Google Analytics
- Webmaster Tools
- Google Suggest and/or Keyword Planner
- Customer Surveys
- Stats from email analytics
- Reddit or similar forums
- Social media discussions
10 quick tools to find content ideas
Lets start with the most basic. You can virtually automate your content ideation process by using tools to generate hundreds of topic ideas almost instantly.
AnswerthePublic.com is a free browser-based topic and keyword research tool that allows users to generate content ideas based on frequently asked questions /queries searched by web searchers. The engine shows a slick data visualization of topics/questions derived from the main keywords and topic areas you entered on their site.
Quora is the most popular community-based Q&A platform today.
You can easily collate content ideas just by going through all your websites business/industry related questions. Choose people with high activity and engagement (because those topics/questions have a higher potential to be searched).
Tip: Make sure to check the answers provided by Quora users on posted questions/topics, as you can also get a lot of valuable ideas from what other experts are sharing publicity related to the topic.
3. Google Search Suggestions
Google has been very effective in suggesting search queries, as this particular technology has improved over the last few years (and it has been accurate so many times, the recommendations are often based on activity/habit). user history search).
So the next time you do a Google search for your target topic, dont rush to hit the enter button.
4. The Semrush Tool
SEMrush allows you to analyze more than 16 billion keywords. It will give you trending topics in your industry, but it does a lot more. It will also give you ideas on how to improve your SEO.
This tool gives you related keywords sorted by popularity along with approximate search volume. This is a very sophisticated paid keyword tool and you can use it to find trends and popular searches on your particular topic. Use these keywords to generate blog post ideas.
5. Content Ideas from Ahrefs
Can you Discover which keywords/content your competitors are ranking well for?
Use Ahrefs Site Explorer tool and enter the URL or domain. And you can refer to the keyword list, choose the right keywords for your content idea building plan.
With the Ahrefs tool, you can also see directly the list of competitor Pages/content that are attracting a lot of traffic or the list of keywords the competitor is ranking for.
6. Find content ideas from HubSpot
Enter up to five different keywords and the tool will pull out blog post titles for an entire week. However, up to now, the suggestions are quite limited and repetitive. To know more, you need to subscribe to their premium solution.
7. Get ideas from Ubersuggest
Just enter a topic/keyword and the tool will give you information on the number of searches and its difficulty rating. You also get a long list of keyword ideas related to your input. From here, coming up with content ideas on the blog will be much easier.
Buzzsumo is a social media analytics tool that can help you find the most shared content in your niche. This paid tool can provide a lot of insight into the headline types, themes, and content formats that work well.
9. Google Alerts
Set up alerts for your campaign key phrases using Google Alerts. This will help you create more sub-topics to write about by keeping track of what their publishers in your niche are writing about and understanding what types of content topics are right for them.
10. Google Trends
Google Trends is very helpful in validating the needs of your content ideas (in terms of search volume growth).
11. Reddit (subreddits)
Finally, your daily task is to log in to see whats new and hot in your niche discussed on Reddit.
Conclusion: What is your new content idea?
Above is how you can generate 100s of content ideas quickly and effectively, using tools with simple skills helps you not to be stuck with ideas when writing content for any topic. any.
How do you come up with ideas for content writing? Please share in the comments section below.
- 4C analysis and 4P analysis. Modern Marketing Methodology
- A guide of life – Keywords to elevate your life
- Content Ideas: 7 Ways To Find The Most Effective New Content Writing Ideas
- 8 ways to optimize SEO Facebook Fanpage effectively to the top fastest
- Marketing strategy and 5 steps to build the perfect Marketing strategy